March 17, 2016
Company Announcement No. 8/2016
At the annual general meeting of Danske Bank on Thursday, 17 March 2016, the general meeting
- approved Annual Report 2015 and the proposal for allocation of profits
- re-elected Ole Andersen, Urban Bäckström, Jørn P. Jensen, Rolv Erik Ryssdal, Carol Sergeant and Trond Ø. Westlie to the Board of Directors and elected Lars-Erik Brenøe and Hilde Tonne to the Board of Directors
- re-appointed Deloitte Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab as external auditors
- adopted the Board of Directors’ proposals to amend the Articles of Association
- adopted the proposal to renew and prolong the Board of Directors’ existing authority to acquire own shares
- adopted the proposal for the Board of Directors’ remuneration in 2016
- adopted the Board of Directors’ proposal for the company’s Remuneration policy and the current cap on severance payments stipulated in the Remuneration policy of a maximum of up to 24 months’ fixed salary is unchanged.
The general meeting did not adopt the following proposals made by a number of shareholders:
- Danske Bank must stop new investments in non-renewable energy
- Danske Bank must support the introduction of a tax on speculation (FTT tax)
- Danske Bank must increase the number of traineeships
- Danske Bank should not take gender and age into consideration when recruiting new employees
At the board meeting held immediately after the annual general meeting, Ole Andersen was elected chairman and Trond Ø. Westlie vice chairman of the Board of Directors.
The composition of the Board’s committees will be announced at danskebank.com under Corporate Governance as soon as possible.
Board of Directors Secretariat
Frederik Bjørn Lars-Johan Sandvik
Kenni Leth, Group Press Officer, tel. +45 45 14 56 83/+45 51 71 43 68